2013 Belmont Stakes Prize Package Official Rules & Conditions
- No purchase is necessary for entry into the contest.
- In order to be eligible, participants must supply valid email, telephone, and address information. They can make their free entry at www.belmontstakes.com. Only one entry is allowed per active email account.
- Entries for the contest will be accepted until 6 PM EDT on Thursday, May 30, 2013.
- Name & Address of Sponsor’s place of business is The New York Racing Association. Inc., P.O. Box 90, Jamaica, NY 11417-0090
- Prize Descriptions and Approximate Values :
First Prize (Total Approximate Value $2,100): Two (2) tickets to the 2013 Belmont Stakes at Belmont Park on Saturday, June 8 (Value $200), two (2) airline tickets (Approximate Value $1,100), and accommodations at the Garden City Hotel (Approximate Value $800). If the winner lives within 100 miles of Belmont Park, transportation to the track will not be provided.
Runner-Up: one (1) $100 Gift Certificate to the online NYRA Store, redeemable for Officially Licensed NYRA Merchandise. Shipping and Handling is included. (Approximate value is $100)
- The odds of winning are not calculable as they depend on the number of entries.
- If the winner does not respond to our contact attempts by 5 PM EDT on Saturday, June 1, their prize will be forfeit and will be conferred to the runner-up, as determined by a random draw. In order to be eligible, participants must supply valid email, telephone, and address information. The round-trip flight is restricted to JFK or LaGuardia airport and the ticket must be used during Belmont Stakes week (June 1 - June 8). The hotel stay at the Garden City Hotel is for one room on the nights of Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8. Check out is on Sunday, June 9. All entrants must be at least 21 years of age as of Thursday, May 30. Officers and employees of New York Racing Association Inc. are not eligible for the contest. NYRA reserves the right to make changes to the contest rules and format at any time and without prior notice.
- The contest is Limited to US residents.
- (1) Winner and (1) runner-up will be determined by a random drawing on Thursday, May 30 and will be announced following confirmation of the winner. The winner and runners-up will also be contacted via email and telephone by June 1.
- Transportation to and from any airports, Belmont Park, and the Garden City Hotel is not provided.
- Any taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and runners-up.
- NYRA reserves the right to make changes to the contest rules and format at any time and without prior notice.
- All dates contained herein are in 2013.
By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor, its agents, and representative of Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any failures or difficulties that may cause the Sweepstakes to become disrupted or corrupted, including: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in it sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, due to printing errors, web site errors, transmission errors or other mistakes in the production of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Website, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including with out limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflicts of laws principles and all entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in New York, NY for resolution of all claims and disputes.